Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Owl" Be Back....

First of all, I need to make sure that everyone knows that it was my husband's idea for the title :)

Well I was able to get a lot cards done during conference today. It was nice to be able to sit down and finish a couple of my ideas that have been floating around in my head for quite a while.

This first one I have been wanting to do for about a month, but I couldn't seem to find the paper that I wanted to use for it. When I saw this paper, I knew it was it! This was a really fun card to do. It took more time and a little more patience but I will have to say this is my favorite card I have done this far. I actually made this specifically with Jill in mind for her birthday later this month, and I didn't want to post it because I knew she would see it - but I was so proud of it, that I couldn't wait! So Jill- act surprised when you get it in the mail..ok? :)
This next one, I really loved the paper and had started from there. Usually I start with an idea of a layout that I want to use and find the right paper for it. It was a nice change to have just the paper to inspire me. I think it turned out pretty cute.
This group of cards, I actually had to sit down at my computer and look through different blogs to find a layout I actually liked. I had part of an idea to start with, but once I got everything cut out and ready to go, I was so indecisive about the layout and nothing seemed to look right with them (which what I like to call-Crafters Block). The cards were originally going to be "Thank You" Cards, but I decided that I didn't want to add a sentiment because they looked good without one, and now they could be used for any occasion.

And last, but not least, after I had all my card "mess" cleaned up, I was just looking through some blogs and I came across this really cute card at My Crafty Days Off and HAD to try it out myself. So I pulled EVERYTHING out again and started the mess again. In the blog, she had actually used ribbon to make the tie, but I didn't have any ribbon that would make a nice tie, so I had to make one myself out of paper. I think with my little buttons, it made a nice touch to it. Isn't this such a cute ......I mean MANLY .....idea for a Father's Day card or even a birthday card for your dad!? I think so. This was my husband's favorite out of the bunch!

This next week is going to be very busy for me, which is why I took this opportunity to make these cards today. Starting tomorrow, I got promoted to a supervisor at work, which is great! I'm very excited to start this adventure! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

Wendy, these are wonderful! I'm a big fan of owl images so I'm even enjoying you hubby's corny title- teeheehee! I'm sure that Jill will love it! The red card is too cute! Such a nice layout and I love the woven paper/ribbon (?) down the side! The other 2 are super, too! You did a great job getting so many wonderful cards completed!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

OOOO... I love them all. You should enter your last card in Allison's Suggestive Sunday Challenge. It's awesome!

:-)

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great job on all of these! I especially like #1 and #3. Cute owl, well colored and fun layout! The classic layout of the flower card is fab!

Thanks for entering my blog candy and visiting me! Good luck to you, be sure to enter every day for a better chance! :) Your blog is wonderful.

Jill said...

How cute is that! Now I totally can't wait for my birthday (but I'll try to act surprised). I have been on the lookout for some cute owl images lately since they seem to be all the rage and are just so fun. I love the other cards as well. If you put your shirt card with my jeans and belt buckle card we could almost start a wardrobe. :) AND, congratulations on your promotion! Way to go, sis!

Deb Wood said...

Love your blog, you have some really adorable cards and that shirt card is wicked cool!!

leanne said...

I totally love that owl card. The brown paper is too fun@