Friday, February 29, 2008

Stampin' Fun!

For the past little while I've been quickly sucked into the magic of stamping. I've always had the interest to do it for some time, but I either didn't have the time or the money to get started. I've slowing been gathering the items I need to start this adventure and I also found, that it really doesn't take much time at all. After many cards of practice, I think I'm actually ready to show some of my creations.
I made this card for Easter to give to my mother, I used two stamps from the dollar bin at Michael's and used watercolors to color the little bunnies. I'm not big on buying seasonal stamps but I couldn't argue buying them when they're only a dollar. It was fun to go down to St. George, Utah and wander around Michael's with my hubby. Carter was the one who found the dollar bin first and was digging around looking for good stamps for me. When I saw him doing that, it just made me laugh to myself and also realize how lucky I am to have him - honestly, how many husbands would have done that!?
When I found this giraffe paper, I was excited to see what exactly I could make with this. When I got home, I realized that they are frowning, which meant......yes, another get well card. This card turned out a lot cuter than expected. Again, I used the new stamps from Roberts and painted inside the hearts. The ribbon I actually found at Wal-Mart and it matched perfectly with the color scheme.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cute cute. I really love that giraffe paper. I wish we had a Michael's around here. Or a Robert's. Or a JoAnns. The selection at Hobbly Lobby has been pretty picked over by me. :)